Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bali Bound

Time for another adventure! We leave Saturday afternoon for Bali. I have had my wrists slapped since that is the exact time when the Footie Grand Final is on. I guess a real Aussie would have known to check. Oh well, Mike's team is not in the final, so it's not too bad I hope.

For our stay in Bali, the plan at this point is to sit by the pool and relax - nothing that takes too much effort allowed I'm told. To let us at least see some of the island without much effort, I have booked us into 3 separate places. You can click the hotel names that follow if you want to check out where we will be staying. We spend 5 nights in Legian (mid-bottom left of the island) at Jayakarta Hotel. Then we head to Amed on the east coast for 5 nights to Anda Amed Resort where we may even do some snorkelling - but I'm not sure I'll be able to pull myself away from the 'infinity edge' pool! Finally we head to the cultural centre of Bali in Ubud for the last 4 nights. We stay at Tegal Sari Resort here, which seems to have excellent reviews, so I hope it lives up to them.

During the two weeks we hope to indulge in a few spa treats which are supposed to be quite affordable (cheap even) in Bali, and to check out the temples also when we're feeling adventurous. Once again, I'll post photos and stories on our return, so catch you in a couple of weeks! And in the meantime HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone in Canada. That is a holiday which does not seem to have an equal down here. Although Oct 1 is the Queens Birthday celebration this coming Monday in Western Australia (the rest of the country celebrated back in June I think).

No comments: