Monday, August 27, 2007

No, It's NOT Fathers Day just yet

We had a proper lazy winter weekend. Friday evening was our only activity as Mike & I joined the Pinjarra staff for a social evening of bowling and dinner - lots of fun despite the fact that I still have not beaten Mike in a game.

We spent the rest of the weekend lounging around as the weather was rainy and very windy, and Mike was feeling a bit under the weather. And somehow in the laid back atmosphere I managed to mix up my dates.....

As mentioned back in June, Fathers Day is not celebrated on the same date here - it is on September 2 this year. I managed to get my weekends out of sync, and we ended up celebrating Father's Day this past Sunday. Kyle made Mike a very respectable Western Sandwich a la Montgomery style along with Irish Coffee. It wasn't till into the evening after we had catered to Mike for the day that I realized I was a week off on my dates. So despite the attempt to ensure Mike only got one Fathers Day to match my one Mothers Day, it looks like he may have lucked out in the end!!!

And on a semi-related topic, we are as mentioned earlier, one son down now here in Oz. So it's time to update the family photo again. And no, it's not just an optical illusion - Kyle really is taller than Mike now, even without the giant mop on top of his head.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow - you guys look really good - the land of Oz must agree with you! Kyle, you need a haircut! Oh my God.. do I sound old now?

Joanne said...

yes... yes I do sound old now... doh...