Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sigh....It's getting cool: Barrie outdid us

Well it's not a first I'm sure, and I'm sure it will continue to get more dramatic, but it's the first time I've experienced it. The temperature in Barrie at 7 pm on March 27 was 3 degrees warmer than it was here in Mandurah at 7 am on March 28 (the same 'time'). And from here we will continue to drop while you back in Canada head into summer.... ah well, such is life. (Despite how much we are enjoying our stay, we are missing you all and Canada too - although we're not anxious to return just yet.)

For date night last evening, Mike & I headed to a local pub for dinner. It's a bit different here - you go to the counter and order your meal and pay, and then they bring it to you (even some restaurants work this way). Not the same tipping as there is in Canada, and the price you see is the price you pay, taxes are all in. So even though the prices seem a bit high, it is probably cheaper in the end. We had a good hearty meal of roast lamb - warming on a cool evening.

From there we headed to the bowling alley and despite his phenomenal start, Mike failed to set his all time record. I must have been carrying something contagious, as Mike's second game was nowhere near so impressive. And I was so miserable that I could not even hit 2 pins on my last chance to allow us to reach a grand total of 400 for our 4 games (2 each) combined. I'm blaming it all on Mike - he stressed me out by pointing out that I only needed to hit 3 pins to break the 100 average per game....OH THE PRESSURE....I'm just not used to it!!! Needless to say, Mike carried about 75% of that score....boy I am a lousy bowler!!!! Luckily I am able to laugh at myself....might as well as I'm sure everyone else did.

In honour of the temperature swing, I'm supplying another first - a blog with NO photos. We've now had several requests for more photos with us in them. I'll speak to Mike - no promises, but watch for some 'people' shots as George and Marucia (Mike's parents) visit this Friday. They are only here for a short stay - and on April 7 we (just Mike, Kyle & I) head north up the coast for 2 weeks on our first school break. I expect there will be a pause in posting as we likely won't have internet access while we are away; followed by a flurry of postings as I catch up!!

Stay tuned!

No comments: